The Detroit Chapter of ACEDS Second Annual Fall E-Discovery Symposium: Big Data Matters
Friday, August 11, 2017
Detroit, MI – The Detroit Chapter of The Association of Certified E-Discovery Specialists (ACEDS) is holding its Second Annual Fall E-Discovery Symposium at the Book Cadillac in Downtown Detroit on Thursday, September 21st from 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM. The event is sponsored by Catalyst, DTI, Integreon, PwC, Robert Half Legal, Warner Norcross and Xact Data Discovery.
The half-day Big Data Matters program includes the following sessions:
- Opening Remarks
- Scott A. Petz – Attorney at Dickinson Wright, PLLC and the ACEDS Detroit Chapter President
- Keynote Address
- Magistrate Judge Elizabeth Stafford, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- Cost Shifting and Proportionality - A Practical Guide to Balancing Cost, Burden and Need
-Megan McKnight, Attorney at Plunkett Cooney P.C.
- Denise Bach, KrolLDiscovery
- ESI Protocol
- B. Jay Yelton III, Attorney at Warner Norcross & Judd, LLP
- Kaylee Walstad, Director of Strategic Partnerships at ACEDS
- Alternative Uses for Analytics –Moving Beyond Document Review to Embrace Regulatory Compliance Audits; Streamlining Mergers & Acquisitions; and Predictive Compliance in the Workplace
- Bennett Borden, Chief Data Scientist of Drinker Biddle & Reath
- Brett Beeman, Legal Solutions Consultant at DTI
- Jeff Gilles, Solutions Architect at kCura
- Closing Remarks
- Mary Mack, Executive Director for ACEDS
The cost to attend is $25 for Detroit Chapter ACEDS members, $50 for non-Detroit Chapter ACEDS members and is free for Judicial Attendees. Both a Light Breakfast and Networking Lunch are included. Those interested can register at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/aceds-detroit-chapter-ediscovery-symposium-tickets-36829688590 . Registrations are being accepted until September 20, 2017.
A 60-minute Certificate of Attendance will be available to attorneys for self-reporting CLE in states that have this requirement. Additionally, a 135-minute Certificate of Attendance which can be used for the recertification process will be available for all ACEDS-certified attendees (CEDS).
About the Detroit Chapter of the Association of Certified E-Discovery Specialists (ACEDS)
The Detroit Chapter of ACEDS helps expand the global reach of ACEDS National. Chapter membership connects local eDiscovery professionals who wish to stay abreast of advancements in technology and enhance their eDiscovery careers. To learn more about our chapter and membership, visit https://www.aceds.org/group/Detroit
About the Association of Certified E-Discovery Specialists (ACEDS)
The Association of Certified E-Discovery Specialists (ACEDS) is the member organization for professionals in the private and public sectors who work in the field of e-discovery. ACEDS is building a community of e-discovery specialists for the exchange of ideas, guidance, training and best practices, and offers e-discovery certification. ACEDS, a vendor-neutral, independent organization, develops its offerings and services solely for the benefit of its members without constraint of outside commercial or financial ties. It operates on the unswerving principle that the quality of its CEDS™ certification, training, continuing education, specialized information and networking will be instrumental to members’ success in e-discovery. For more information, visit https://www.aceds.org
Detroit Chapter of the Association of Certified E-Discovery Specialists (ACEDS)
Denise B. Bach, PR Chair