Extract from LawGeex article "Anatomy of A Director Of Legal Operations Revealed"
Nearly three-quarters of legal operations leaders are lawyers who have successfully transformed their skill set, a new study into the role has revealed.
The Anatomy of a Director of Legal Operations study analyzes 235 profiles of current Directors of Legal Operations on LinkedIn. The analysis and infographic, produced by the Corporate Legal Operations Consortium (CLOC) and LawGeex, the leader in Contract Review Automation for businesses, reveals that law degrees remain the most common route to becoming a Director of Legal Operations.
The research finds that 71% of Directors of Legal Operations have a law degree, but legal training is not essential — the remaining 29% of those in the role has no formal legal expertise. The analysis also reveals that 59% of those in the role are female.
I wanted a certification that separates me from my peers. Upon discovering CEDS, I was convinced this was exactly the type of distinction I had been seeking. Since achieving CEDS certification, I’ve noticed immediate recognition from my organization, colleagues, and current and prospective clients.They acknowledge they are more comfortable working with a person who has taken time to seek such certification. CEDS has certainly been worth the small investment and should continue to beget returns for years and years to come.
Andrew Bayer, CEDS
I get bombarded with all kinds of e-discovery stuff – news, blogs and whatnot. Let me tell you, you guys send the absolute best! I send it to all my partners and sales folks. I said, who are these guys? I have to get to know them better!
Kevin Glass, CEO
As a trial lawyer, day-to-day information processing is daunting for my client service. I’ve come to rely on ACEDS to keep me on the ‘edge’ of the curve on e-discovery. It’s a source I ‘ping’ ASAP.