On September 27th, we invite you to put on your favorite little black dress (optional) and join us for a donation drive/evening of conversation. Houston shelters and Hurricane Harvey victims are desperately in need of undergarments. Sugar Cookies Boutique has kindly offered to provide a 15% off discount on all merchandise purchased this evening. You can purchase lingerie to donate and/or bring donations. Donated items will be distributed between the YWCA Houston chapter and I Support the Girls.
The following items are in need:
- Bras of any size (new, tags on; larger sizes 38+/DD+ are particularly needed)
- Adult Underwear (new, tags on, sizes for Women M-XL; sixes for men: XL-2XL)
- Other practical undergarments for adult women and men of any size (new, tags on)
- You can also make a monetary donation here: https://www.bakerripley.org/get-involved/donate . Baker Ripley is focused on long term disaster recovery for those devastated by Harvey.
- WIE will also be raffling off items by local designers, craftswoman and artists at the Sept 27th event. We will be selling tickets at the chapter meeting earlier in the day, and at the evening event.
- Raffle items include, ANDI bag by ANDI brands; 1 hr career coaching session by Cyber Search Global SVP, Nikki Maccallum; Swimsuit by Malia Mills Swimwear, Artwork by WiE member/artist, Shana Pederson; Artwork by WiE member/artist, Kalina Leopold; 2 microblading sessions (initial and 6 week touch up) for $150 by Diana Olmedo
- Thank you to sponsor BIA, who will help cover the shipping costs for donated items.
Note: When donating, please write “Women in eDiscovery NYC” in the company name field.This way we can track the donations made by members of our organization. The suggested amount is $25, but larger donations are certainly needed and welcome!
With your help, Women in eDiscovery can make a direct and meaningful impact on the women affected by Hurricane Harvey and Irma. We look forward to seeing you next Wednesday. This event is for members. All nonmembers interested in joining the event must email NEWYORKCITY@WOMENINEDISCOVERY.ORG and register here http://www.womeninediscovery.org/join-us.
Women in eDiscovery | New York City Chapter Board Members:
Chapter Director, Maria Maccarone
Assistant Chapter Director, Andrea Webster
Secretary, Nikki MacCallum
Meetings Director, Crystal Rodriguez
Membership Director, Cara Lemire
Meetings Committee, Laura Chukanov
Membership Committee, Thea Anderson, Marie Thomas